A serious injury has the potential to change the lives of everyone involved. There is no limit to the injuries one could suffer in a serious accident. While this is not a conclusive list of injuries that can be caused by a serious accident, these are some of the common injuries that could occur:
- Head injuries (including but not limited to bruises, cuts, fractures, dental injuries not affecting the brain),
- Brain injuries (common traumatic brain injuries include concussions, post-concussion syndrome, contusions, open head injury, and more)
- Whiplash and neck injuries. Whiplash, the most common neck injury, is caused by sudden movement of the head. Whiplashes poses a special threat to victims because its symptoms can take months to manifest. If not treated promptly, whiplash can cause lasting damage to muscle, connective tissues, and ligaments in the neck,
- Shoulder and arm injuries: usually linked together, these injuries include lacerations, sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and rotator cuff injuries
- Spine & Back injuries: can include sprain, strains, fracture, disc injuries, thoracic spine injury, lumbar radiculopathy, and lumbar spine injury
- Leg, Knee, and foot injuries: Can include lacerations, bruises, fractures, sprains, strains, dislocation, or ligament damage.
- Psychological injuries: Examples may include emotional trauma, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Other damages: Besides bodily injuries, pain and suffering, and mental anguish, usually there are financial and economic losses associated with such injury producing events – such as medical bills, loss wages, out of pocket expenses, diminished earning capacity due to permeant injuries, and many more.
If you or loved one have suffered injuries as a result of a serious accident, please feel free to contact us at (310) 444-0055 for a free consultation.